Elizabeth, NJ. December 7, 2018 – Nuno andJubilo Afonsoof the Elizabeth, NJ based law firm Afonso & Afonso, LLC.are sharing their highly advantageous checklist known as the “Auto Accident Checklist” which helps make making an auto accident case easier and smoother.
To Start One Must:
- Make an Accident Report – The first thing to do when you get into an auto accident is to call the police and make a motor vehicle report. Many victims decide not to call the police because the other party convinces them to just exchange information and offers to pay for their damages. All too often when the bill of damages is given to the person who caused the accident, they ignore your calls and your complaints fall on def ears. Call the police, make a report and have your accident documented and your claim protected.
- Emergency Room – Seek emergency medical treatment if you are in pain. Do not try to convince yourself that the pain will just get better. If you are in pain after an accident it is best to get checked by a medical professional. If you feel pain at the scene the police will often call an ambulance for you or get yourself to a hospital if you feel you can do so safely.
- Call an Attorney – This is where Elizabeth, New Jersy lawyers such as Nuno andJubilo Afonso come in. They have close to 25-years of combined legal experience in getting the highest personal injury awards and settlements for their clients. They speak to each one of their clients personally. You will have direct contact with the attorneys to answer any questions you may have. Their firm’s philosophy has always been to service their clients directly, so they can get to know them best.
Once you make an appointment, please bring in the following
- A copy of the police report. A police report is important because it is a
record of the accident and when it occurred. It has all the basic information including the people involved and statements given to the police.
- If you do not have a police (officer) report the law firm can piece together the information from the accident and file a motor vehicle accident report with the New Jersey Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Your insurance policy. Many of our clients ask why we need their insurance policy if the other party was at fault. In New Jersey your insurance policy determines how much PIP coverage (personal insurance protection / personal injury protection)you must pay for your medical bills, if you have any coverage available in case the other party does not have insurance and if there are any limitations on your ability to bring a lawsuit.
- Any other applicable policies. Sometimes there are benefits available to people in their household, business and health insurance policies.
- Any medical bills. Many medical providers such as hospitals and first responders do not have your pip information and are not able to collect payment. This can cause you to be placed in collections and ruin your credit. If you bring your medical bills, the lawyer will be able to get them the information they need so you will not have your credit ruined.
- Photos of damages. If you have photos, please bring them in. Attorneys find that as time goes on these photos get lost and they are the best evidence of the accident.
- List of questions you may have for the lawyers. Many law firm clients have never stepped foot inside a courtroom before or made a claim for personal injuries in their lifetime. It is normal to have questions and want to know how the process works. Law firms want all their clients to be informed about the process and feel comfortable with what is happening, so, please ask any questions you have.
About Afonso & Afonso, LLC.
Nuno Afonso, Esq. has been representing his community for over 14-years in both a public fashion as a Public Defender and in a private capacity as a litigator in his personal practice.
He has handled thousands of personal injury cases over the years with great success, obtaining millions of dollars in settlements.
Jubilo L. Afonso, Esq.began his journey into the practice of law with the intent of making a difference and obtaining justice for those that were wronged. He has been a Municipal Prosecutor in the City of Plainfield, New Jersey since 2016. In his private practice he specializesin all types of Personal Injury matters, workers compensation matters, civil matters, criminal matters and transactional real estate.
He is extremely knowledgeable about the laws pertaining to injuries and his office works closely with his clients and are fully committed to exceeding client expectations.
For more information, visit https://AfonsoAndAfonso.com
Company: Afonso & Afonso, LLC.
Media Contact: Nuno or JubiloAfonso
Telephone: (908) 354-9094
Address: 544 Elizabeth Avenue.
Elizabeth, NJ 07206